Fulton County Historical Society

Museum at the Fulton House

The Fulton House, located at 112-114 Lincoln Way East, was built in 1793 as an inn and tavern and was expanded in 1820. It was constructed by the town founder, Daniel McConnell, and was a major stop for travelers headed west. It has hosted noted people (including presidents), was involved in two incursions of the confederacy, and nearly burned to the ground in 1944. It was later restored and and purchased by the Borough of McConnellsburg. The building was dedicated on July 4, 1976 as a community building. The Historical Society's museum is located in the original (east) end of the building and includes four rooms along with the log cabin kitchen. The original log cabin kitchen was built circa 1770 and was restored in ???. The museum shows furnishings, tools, utensils, and decorative items relating to the cultural and material heritage of Fulton County from the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries.